The next time you’re team building with a group, try this exciting, low-cost activity that will leave participants with a new understanding of communication!
Time Needed: 10 – 15 minutes
Group Size: Any! Split large group into smaller groups of 5-6 participants
Materials: Webbing or rope, tied in a circle
- Have group of 5-6 participants stand around the webbing or rope in a circle.
- Ask them to take the rope with both hands, and hold it just above waist level.
- Let the group know that this is their pizza. They must work together to get the pizza just right before putting it in the oven.
- Ask the group to toss the pizza in the air and catch it again. Allow them time to practice.
- After the first toss, use the following variations:
- Toss the pizza in the air and rotate it while tossing (they choose the direction).
- Toss the pizza in the air and clap once before catching it.
- Toss the pizza in the air, rotate it and clap once before catching it.
- Toss the pizza in the air, rotate it, and spin around before catching it.
- How did you accomplish the tasks given?
- How did your team work together to complete the tasks?
- How are these tasks like working with a group in your community?
Did you try this activity? Let us know how it went!